Monday, November 26, 2012

weekend update: thanksgiving!

How are you after that wonderfully long weekend? I hope you had a splendid Turkey Day! We had a good one but I'm still dealing with a sick little boy. He just can't kick whatever he has and it makes for long nights and long days. We head back home tomorrow and I'm hoping that sleeping in his own bed might help a little.

We spent the holiday at my Grandma's cabin in Wyoming. My Dad and I realized that I have been going there for 20 years now. Wow that makes me feel old!!! But even after 20 years, this place still takes my breath away. It's my favorite place on Earth (even though we had a sick babe the whole time!)








1) The Western sky is just gorgeous. There's nothing like it.

2) First road trip outfit...comfy and stylish.

3) My little mountain man. I hope he gets to come to this place for the next 20 years too!

4) The view from my Grandma's cabin. Amazing.

5) Right before Thanksgiving we got snow. It literally was a winter wonderland.

6) The view from the bedroom we stayed in. Seriously could you think of anything better to wake up to?!?

7) Our simple but pretty Thanksgiving centerpiece. My Grandma had a wonderful collection of eclectic vases on hand so we put them to good use!

8) My Dad was very impressed by this buck. He was such a beauty.

9) My second road trip outfit.

10) The view from the car on our way back to Colorado. 

11) And lastly the extraordinary sunset yesterday.

I hope you guys enjoy Cyber Monday! I have a few places that I'm keeping my eye on!




stillbeingmolly

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I can see why it's your favorite place, what a cool tradition. Those views are breathtaking! Hope your little guy is feeling better soon and that you had a wonderful holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second outfit where did you get that sweater? I've been looking for a sweater that is close to that but can't remember where it was from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got that sweater at a boutique in Chicago. But Dorothy Perkins had a sweater called the Grey Fluffy Bow Sweater that looked similar but there aren't a lot of sizes left. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are incredible! So beautiful! And I love your road trip outfits! I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so sad he's still sick! good luck to all of you and hope that you can get some good rest at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! He just can't get rid of this ear infection!

      Delete
  5. love your pics, looks like you had a wonderful thanksgiving! hope your son feels better soon :)

    Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures took my breath away. I have never seen anything like that before!!! I hope your sweet boy gets to feeling better soon and that you guys have safe travels back home!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously you get to go to the most beautiful places! Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving but sad to hear the babe is still sick! Hope he starts getting better when you're home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are amazing. I wish I had an opportunity like you had to be in the great outdoors :)

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. SNOW!?!?! That feels magical or something! Great photos! I need to find you on Instagram!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My instagram name is lipsticknlollies if you want to follow along!

      Delete
  10. Hope your boy gets to feeling better! Looks like you had a pretty awesome break besides that... Sunset = GORGEOUS! Hope you have a great week!

    Amanda
    It's an Easy Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. These photos are absolutely stunning!! It looks like you all enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend (I hope your little boy is feeling better!)

    Lauren
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The photos are beautiful :) I wish I could experience a snowy winter, but I'm grateful to live in Southern California. I did drive through Colorado a couple years ago during the summer. I was in awe of the gorgeous mountains there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a fantastic holiday, Lindsay! I was co-hosting Life Lately today and it was nice to see a familiar face!!! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...