Monday, January 14, 2013

keep the winter blues at bay: pattern!


Pattern, pattern, pattern...it's another great way to keep your winter wardrobe interesting! Forget about blues, greys, blacks and browns. Put on some pattern. I guarantee you will feel better about the last few months of winter if you are donning one of these numbers!

1) Okay how cool would this star shirt look over a chambray shirt? I mean really! What a super fun layering piece. Starry tee, $48.

2) I adore this top. It would look perfect underneath a red and white striped cardi. Ink print blouse, $51

3) We talked about colored pants last week. What about printed pants? I am definitely more subtle when it comes to prints on pants. I want to be able to get more use (rather than less) out of whatever I invest in. These polka dot ones would be just perfect. Polka dot pants, $69.95.

4) I love this floral pullover. It would be a great transition piece into spring and still get a lot of use this winter. Floral crew sweater, $44.95

5) This striped top would definitely get some attention. Imagine it layered under a cozy sweater with boots for a warm winter look. Stripeplay tee, $52

6) Clearly this list had to have some polka dots on it. Black and white graphics are great layering pieces for bright sweaters and cardis. Dotted tux shirt, $115

7, 8, 9) A great patterned dress. Layer it with a chunky sweater, fun tights and some cute booties or boots. Done and done. Striped dress, $42; batik shift dress, $79; polka dot dress, $59.95.

I guarantee you have some of these pieces in your closet! Now go and have some fun dressing this winter!


4 comments:

  1. I just LOVE that starry tee, Madewell does it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The polka dot dress is pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those picks!!! I'd wear any of them!

    New follower from the blog hop! Hope you stop by and follow me back!

    Phylicia
    http://heartsncraftsboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...