Thursday, June 21, 2012

thursday latelies!

Hello ladies...it's that time of the week again!  This week has been a good one.  Not too much to complain about (except maybe that crazy 90 plus degree heat we've been having!)

First of all, thank you, thank you, thank you to all my wonderful readers!  The comments have been awesome lately.  And I have 30 followers now!  Yay!  I know that may not seem like a lot to some of you, but I am ecstatic.  So thank you to all of you who have followed.  I love checking in with each of you.

Okay, have you guys heard of Zhush?  I may be the last person on Earth to discover this place but it's amazing!  I've spotted items similar to both of these at Jayson Home and Garden, which is such a beautiful place but kind of expensive.  These guys...not nearly as expensive and still gorgeous!  If you have not heard of Zhush, go check it out...now!


Mrs. Baker over at Baby Baker Love blogged about doing a 30 for 30 challenge and no this is not Kendi Everyday's challenge.  This is about spending 30 minutes every day getting down on the ground and playing with your child for 30 days.  Frankly I'm really all about the first 30 because I want this to be something I incorporate into our daily life indefinitely.  Today we went outside and drew on the park path...and on the grass...and on a few trees...and in the dirt.  And it was good to just give him my full attention.  I love this challenge and if you have a kid, you should give it a try!


This is literally my favorite thing about summer.  Tomato salads.  Sadly this one is missing fresh basil, but nonetheless it was delicious.  I love getting fresh, juicy tomatoes from the farmers market and making this.  And here's the kicker...ditch the mozzarella and go for a creamy, flavored goat cheese.  So delicious!


I already mentioned our Father's Day picnic but here's the photo to do it justice!  I love picnics in the park in summertime.  


These are my favorite new detail in T's room.  It's a family of foxes and they are so cool!  They are from Kids on Roof.  Don't they have a lot of spunk?


And this is how city kids cool off...in playground fountains!  Talinn is in love with the fountains.  He just dives right in...with clothes, shoes and everything!


Hope you guys are having a great week!  The weekend is one day closer!  If you want to check out other Thursday Latelies, head over to Bex...A Diary.

Also if you want, follow me on Instagram my username is LipstickNLollies!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 30 followers :D
    Summer picnics ara amazing, unfortunately we're stuck on Autumn season here in London, I hope it will stop raining soon so we can enjoy a dreamy picnic like yours! T looks so cute in front of the fountain!

    Have a lovely day :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. those tomatoes look SO delish! and your lately looks pretty fab.

    xo,

    wardrobe girls

    www.wardrobesimetandliked.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what Zhush is, but I'm a new fan! And basically the only things I eat in the summer are tomatoes and bread. They're summer meal staples!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw your 30x30 sounds even better :) great thursday latelies! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart Zhush. I love what you chose to feature from them. It's on my to buy list.
    And even though this was posted in the summer, I heart those tomatoes and goat cheese. Mmm...I'm so hungry right now! I have some organic manzanilla olives, raw garlic and herb cheese, and organic raw olive oil in there. I think I'm going to go have a snack!

    Oh, and I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...