Monday, July 9, 2012

weekend update: summer in new england

Hi lovelies!  How was your weekend?  As you know, we took a long holiday and visited family.  I got all nice and relaxed while away and then lost it all on the way home!  Does that ever happen to you?  I'm an anxious traveler as it is and then you throw an unpredictable kid into the mix and I'm a full on mess.  Talinn decided to skip his nap yesterday, which means he screamed for more than half the flight.  In addition, the airline decided to give our seats away, so my husband and I were separated by 10 rows. That means everyone on the plane got to share in T's misery.  Yeah, we were those people on the plane and everyone hated us.  


But we did have a good time while we were away!  My husband's family lives in New England so we got to indulge in a lot of lobster.  That's always one of my musts when I visit.  There is honestly nothing like the first bite of a hot lobster sandwich slathered in butter.  Yum!




And I got to play with this gorgeous little girl!  If you want to be her best friend, all you have to do is give her high fives all the time, let her pick her own accessories and come up with a really good honking sound for when she touches your nose.  She will love you forever!




While playing dress up in my mother-in-law's jewelry, she offered me these cloisonne bracelets.  Since arm parties are so in these days, I greedily snatched them up.  I'm sure they will be seen on the blog often!




Since it was a carefree weekend with lots of pool time, it was kind of grab and go on the wardrobe.  I picked easy items and lots of color!




And T (and hopefully me) got lots of time in the pool.  There was tons to do!  He got to splash around, he tried swimmies and he got to hang out in the colorful inner tube.  I think he had a blast!




I'm linking up with Sami's Shenanigans for the weekend update blog hop. I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!  And do share what you did!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast! We had a busy weekend too - pool on Friday, had friends over for lunch on Saturday, picnic lunch at the Zoo with the farm exhibit! Plus Will and I cooked and froze meals for the next month, I'm exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the zoo photos on insta...darling! Sounds like you guys had a very busy weekend but lots of fun!

      Delete
  2. That lobster roll looks delish and I am loving the bangles! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have away your seats? What?! That's not cool. And if people had a problem with T crying they should have switched seats. Some people are really inconsiderate :(

    Aside from that, looks/sounds like a great time. That lobster roll looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bracelets are awesome, but that lobster sandwich looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...