Wednesday, January 30, 2013

furry.

{Vest: Similar | Shirt: Similar | Boots: Steve Madden}




I might have a tiny resemblance to Chewbacca in this outfit, but I don't care. This vest is so warm and cozy. Perfect for Chicago winters.

If I wasn't pregnant and hadn't walked a million miles this day, I would have swapped the knee-high boots for heeled booties for a chic-er look. But I am pregnant and I did walk a million miles, so boots it was.

Another very, very sad side effect of this pregnancy is that I hate the idea of lipstick. Like absolutely HATE it. And if you haven't gathered from the title of this blog I LOVE lipstick. It's very, very tragic. Sometimes I can manage it like this day. But as soon as I come home, I wipe it off. Who am I?!? Since when does pregnancy change something so central to who you are like lipstick?!?

Oh and when the lipstick comes off that means the real clothes are replaced by my husband's t-shirt and my trusty pj pants. Just being honest here people.

Lastly, I just want to thank all you lovely readers for your sweet comments to our big announcement yesterday. You guys make me want to be one stylish pregnant lady! Thank you for joining me on this journey!

Linking up with the Pleated Poppy and the ladies below.

19 comments:

  1. Ahh I have been wanting this shirt! Haven't been able to bring myself to buy it yet. Love the look and I hated lotion when I was pregnant...not only hated but broke out in hives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine's actually not the Blythe blouse from J. Crew. I got it awhile ago from there. They just look very, very similar. But mine's a cotton blend which is much more practical for my lifestyle!

      Delete
  2. Ha ha! I noticed one or two posts without lipstick because I love you so much without it! This is coming from a no lipstick kinda girl though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really funny. For some reason I think lipstick makes me prettier. But good to know you like it!

      Delete
  3. I'm so jealous of the vest - I totally should have bought it on black Friday when you did ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a good deal! I am very happy with it.

      Delete
  4. what a cute look! I have similar items and I may have to copycat this look on my blog :)

    Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to you, I have some green pants coming my way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, you got the shirt! it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually not the Blythe blouse. It just looks very, very similar. Mines a cotton blend but they don't have that version anymore.

      Delete
  7. Love this and congratulations on your pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look absolutely stunning. I have an obsession for stylish pregnant women, so I will be visiting you everyday, lol! Stopping by from The Pleated Poppy and I am now your newest follower! I look forward to stalking your blog, lol!

    xx
    Serena
    www.theserenasaga.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Serena! And thanks for following! Feel free to stalk anytime :)

      Delete
  9. You're my hero... I can't wear heels when I walk around and I'm not pregnant. Hopefully you'll feel better soon and that your current feelings about lipstick will change too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I was immediately thinking about how perfect that pop of color was on your lips, and then I read your commentary. Your vest looks so warm and comfortable. I love it paired with the polka dots!

    -Danielle
    littlebitofwowe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a big bummer! The vest is super warm. Perfect for the dreary days we are having!

      Delete
  11. Polka dots and fur, heck yes!! One of my faves! And I am beyond excited for you and that baby in your belly! I think you are like the 10th blog bud that is pregnant! Yay!!! Can't wait to follow along!! Thanks a million for linking up!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sad about the lipstick, maybe don't try the Maybelline just yet, there is a scent/flavor. I don't find it offensive, but it might be too much for a pregnant palette..

    ReplyDelete
  13. That shirt looks SO cute with that vest - love it!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...