I'm not sure how interested you are in beauty products, but I won't buy any product unless it's been recommended by a friend or a blogger. I feel like I tend to have fewer "fails" if I do it that way. And as I've mentioned before, I've had a lot of skincare problems since getting pregnant so I've had to turn my usual routine on its head. Here are the mostly new products I've been using and I'm really happy to say that after two weeks things are looking much, much better for me. I'm definitely no beauty expert I just use what works for me.
1) Mia Clarisonic cleansing system, $119- This definitely is not a light investment, but I was really at my wits end. I've seen this product featured everywhere in blogland but it wasn't until my friend Chris gave me a glowing review that I finally bit the bullet and got one. I normally wouldn't go for something like this but my face has just been awful. And to be totally honest, I really attribute the drastic turnaround to this little machine. I have only been using it once a day at night (for fear that twice a day might be too much for my skin.) And it has literally done wonders. I can't say enough good things about this little guy.
2) L'Occitane Pure Shea Butter, $40- Again not cheap in my book but I probably should have invested in some good cream for my belly during my first pregnancy. I didn't and that was probably a mistake. I use this every night before bed. I don't love the texture. It's literally like butter and needs to be warmed up in your hands before application. But it seems to be doing a pretty good job.
3) Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream, $32- I actually got a sample of this in my Birchbox and I am debating whether or not to buy the full product. I really like putting it on before bed and feel like it makes a difference. I can't say that it diminishes the under eye circles but I do think it helps with the fine lines.
4) Origins Modern Friction Nature's Gentle Dermabrasion, $38.50- I absolutely love this stuff and use it in conjunction with the Mia. I use it in the morning and the Mia at night. I love the smell of it. It's like oranges and other fruit which is very refreshing. I apply it all over my face and neck and I really feel like it helps (along with the Mia) to make a difference.
Now onto the budget buys!
5) Neutrogena Naturals Face Cleanser, $6.39- I love this stuff and have been using it for a really long time now. This is the soap I use on the Mia instead of what the Mia comes with. I just know that this soap works for me and it gives me a really clean feeling.
6) Yes to Tomatoes Acne Roller Ball, $9.99- At first I was really unsure about this product but now I could NOT live without it. I use it on all of my problem areas every night before bed. I swear it minimizes the appearance of zits and helps prevent them. If I could recommend one product (that doesn't cost a fortune), this is it!
7) Yes to Blueberries Facial Smoothing Wipes, $12.28- I love, love, love this product. It's perfect for traveling. Or if I need a refresher. Or a smooth palette. The wipes smell so, so good. And I honestly feel very refreshed after using them.
Well those are my tricks and tips. What are some of yours? Any go-to products for you beauties?