Thursday, May 30, 2013

my favorite non-maternity items.

{Top to bottom: Everyday dress

I know this might not apply to very many of you, but I thought I would share some of my very favorite non-maternity finds that have worked for me even during my third trimester! I am really hoping that by investing in these pieces I have actually expanded my wardrobe rather than just purchasing pieces that can only be worn during pregnancy. I really, really love all of these items and I wear them A LOT.

The everyday dress: I have a dress from Target from many years ago that is very similar to this one without the high-low hem. I have loved it during this pregnancy. I prefer to have sleeves on my maxis as I feel like every part of me is swollen including my arms and legs. Having a little coverage gives me a lot more confidence. The waistline couldn't be any more perfect for a growing (or already grown bump). I have just snagged a couple of these beauties as the colors are just irresistible!

The dressy dress: This silhouette of this dress is very similar to the everyday dress. It's just a little more dressed up. I think the pink version would be perfect for a casual summer wedding or a fancy dinner out with the hubby. The striped one is a little more casual but equally fabulous. I think I could wear it practically everyday!

Stylish and stretchy bottoms: Every time I head into a store I do a quick tour of all the bottoms. I try to find elastic waists (which seem to be really in right now) and fabrics that have some give. I bought a pair of patterned Anthro pants (similar to the ones above) and I love them. Every time I put them on I feel like I am putting on pj pants. They are super cute and stylish and fun but still so very comfortable on my otherwise uncomfortable body. I am also in love with those embroidered shorts. I can't wait to wear them post pregnancy!

I would also mention that if you have a pregnant friend that lives close to you, it is so worth it to go shopping together. Two of my close friends are pregnant and when you have three heads instead of one, you find so many more great options!

So what do you guys think? Do you think my strategy of wearing non-maternity pieces will actually pay off in the end? I sure hope so!

2 comments:

  1. I wish those Anthro shorts had worked for me! So jealous :) I am loving knit dresses right now for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...