Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Head to Toe: Mix and Match

My inspiration for this outfit came from J. Crew.  I love the simplicity of the J. Crew outfit but I also wanted to pump up my take.  Instead of simply doing a simple white shirt, green blazer and jeans, I added a striped shirt and leopard print to the mix.

{Lipstick: NARS, Blazer: Similar, Shirt: Similar, Necklace: Similar, Jeans: Gap, Flats: Similar}

I've had this blazer for a really long time but it only makes an appearance on St. Patty's day.  Now that color is so in, especially this green, so is this blazer and I can wear it more than just once a year. I'm thinking it will be a summer staple paired with some boyfriend jean shorts.

The leopard flats were a last minute add-on.  I just get tired of always wearing my nude flats, but they go with every thing so they are always the easy choice!


I really loved this outfit.  It's one of those times where an outfit I thought up turned out better than I could have hoped.



I also adore this lipstick.  Everyone always compliments it.  Sometimes I find myself grabbing the reds more often than I'd like.  But this green was just asking to be paired with a pretty pink lip!

Other ways to combine green, leopard and/or stripes:


Via Candice Lake
Via Cupcakes and Cashmere
Via Chictopia

9 comments:

  1. Ok. So I have a green jacket kinda like this that I haven't worn in a long time. This was super helpful! I'm pulling it out and wearing it with my stripey shirt. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I am surprised by all the things that get lost in my closet and then I rediscover them. I kind of love and hate that feeling!

      Delete
  2. super cute! love those leopard flats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the leopard flats with this outfit..you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interpretation! You look great:)

    xo, Joanne
    fabulouslyaverage.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! :)

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    www.rachelslookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green and stripes... can't go wrong! Love the combo!
    Would really appreciate it if you would stop by my new blog and tell me what you think and hopefully decide to follow. I would return the love!
    Thank you very much.

    http://danaslookbook.blogspot.com/

    Dana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...