Monday, September 17, 2012

weekend update: still away from home...

Hello Ladies!  Welcome to Monday!  I finally head home this Saturday after being away for three weeks.  It's been fun to shrug responsibility for a bit, but I'm ready to go back and get into a routine.  I think two weeks of vacation might be my limit.  My hubby headed back home yesterday, so it's just T and me this final week.




\



1) I love this old fire station turned artist studio.  What a cool place to create masterpieces.  

2)  There's nothing like a midday s'more break.  T had his very first one.  He looks super serious but I think he enjoyed it!

3) The Aspens are changing colors in the mountains. And there's nothing more spectacular than clusters of red, orange and yellow shimmering across the mountainside.

4) Colorado has so, so many hot springs, but a lot of them are kind of junky.  This one in Pagosa Springs was absolutely spectacular.  They had probably 20 different pools so you had one all to yourself.

5) Just me and T on a mountaintop.

6) A little late night fishing in Pagosa Springs.

7) There is truly nothing like being at Grandma's house.  Homemade peach pie...yum!  And can we talk about her gorgeous plates and lace tablecloth.  She has some of the coolest stuff.  

8) These two guys crack me up.  T and his Grandpa couldn't have bigger smiles on their faces if they tried!

In addition to all this fun stuff, I'm sure you can tell I made some changes here on Lipstick & Lolllies. I'm trying to get everything streamlined and looking sharp.  It's definitely a learning process! 

I really am so proud of this little space.  What do you guys think of the new look?  I'll be making a few more changes when I find the time!

Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend!



15 comments:

  1. Cute pics - looks like a fun weekend.


    xo Ashley
    http://www.ashnfashn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made me SO want to go there...never been to Colorade before. Now it is going on the Bucket List☺ Thanks for sharing...
    Laurie @ pride in photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three weeks!?!? Has it really been almost that long? Where does the time go?? You have so many amazing pictures from your journeys!! I have enjoyed following along!!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. a life without mid-day smores is just lame. haha love it!

    happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seemed to have fun!!! Time sure flew by...wow...was that really 3 weeks?! WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an amazing time and what beautiful pics for your memories.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute photos!! I'm loving the s'mores one!! Did he like his first s'more!? PS. I'd love it if you could visit my blog and follow me if you like it!! :)

    -Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I"m so sorry about your stress fractures. I'm sure that really was devastating. How long are you out? I've heard those are just the worst. I hope reading about other people's running doesn't frustrate you. I had surgery August 7th and couldn't run for 6 weeks (although I got clearance at 5.5) and it was so hard to read other people's stores of running. I still did to keep me excited about it, but it was a bit hard. Do you live in Chicago or was that just the race you wanted to do? Have you done other marathons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping over Meghan! I can't exercise for five weeks, which is really, really hard (I'm sure you know!). I could still maybe run the marathon but without any training and after not exercising for five weeks...and I don't think that's a very good idea! I've come to terms with not being able to do it. I live in the Chicago area so I've always wanted to do the marathon and this was going to be my first! Good luck to you with your training! I'm so impressed by your story!

      Delete
  9. Mmmmm s'mores!!!! I love s'mores and like to try recipes that put a new spin on a classic. :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your design looks great! And I love seeing/meeting more people that love Colorado. :) The aspens are stunning, for sure.
    xoxo
    Megan @ thememoirsofmegan.com
    https://meganbb.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness I couldn't get passed those baby blues on that sweet face.

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg i love smores!!!! favorite. snack. ever. thanks for linking up, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...