Wednesday, October 3, 2012

budget look: maxi dress turned skirt.

{Dress: Similar | Sweater: Similar | Earrings: Similar | Shoes: Similar}




So let's talk about these shoes (er...torture contraptions) okay? I love the way these shoes look. I think they are so stinking cute. However, I hate the way these shoes make my feet feel. Remind me of that next time I decide to walk a mile in them...k?

On a whim I decided to pair these two pieces (the top + the bottom) together. Don't you just love when that happens and it actually works? Because most of the time it does not work.


This is me making the most of what I have in my closet. Remember that budget folks? I'm still sticking with it. The skirt is actually a maxi dress. Little did I know it could also function as a skirt. Other cleverer bloggers figured this one out. I just followed suit. This look is easy to do without buying any additional pieces. You just take a sweater and pair it with a maxi from this summer and voila you have a whole new look. I mean really this is just genius.

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy today.

23 comments:

  1. such a great idea and loving your shoes!

    xx amy
    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a cute look! i love maxi skirt with sweater!

    xoxo,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so bohemian and pretty! Those shoes actually look pretty comfortable, but I guess they're deceiving, no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. I adore your skirt.

    ~FringeGirl
    thedomesticfringe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm terrible at shopping my closet! But you're right - we can find such great "new" outfits that way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hands down my fave so far!!!!! That dress is KILLER!!!! way to remix it, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shanna! I definitely could see this dress in your wardrobe!

      Delete
  7. Oh, I know how that goes... the shoes that entice you with their pretty looks, then bite when you wear them. It's a cruel trick, isn't it, Lindsay? But they are great for pics, nonetheless! Love the color scheme of this look, it's perfect for transitional fall weather!!! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE wearing dresses as skirts... and even as tops sometimes with a skirt over them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shocking news... I have those shoes too! Even more shocking? They hurt the hell out of my feet! Twinkies! I'm jealous I can't wear a maxi anything. I'm too short.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am so deeply in love with orange, this outfit is gorgeous! i hear you on the shoes though, i wore a pair of wedges around today, i should have remembered that we don't have a great history. thanks for visiting my blog lovely! :)sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great idea! Maxi turned long skirt. :) Now I can already picture a few ideas for my maxi dress. Btw, I super love your wedges! I don't think Target still carry those anymore..I was just there few days ago searching for some shoes.

    Visiting from PP. Thanks for stopping by my blog.xx
    It's me Kaye! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look! So smart to wear a maxi dress as a skirt. Double duty! And the orange is such a happy nod to fall. Lovely photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think i might need that skirt! So Beautiful!

    http://everythingsalwayssunny.blogspot.com

    kristin
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is such a good idea! I never would have thought to wear a shirt or sweater over my maxi dresses. What a perfect way to make an otherwise summer-only dress functional all year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do this as well! Such a great way to bring maxi dresses into fall. Excited to be sharing the it list with you this week!
    xo Dina

    http://www.sweetestsomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful printed maxi! I love the oversized sweater you paired too!

    http://www.mythriftychic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a great look. Boho suits you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this look. Too bad about the shoes. Don't you hate it when that happens?

    Bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...