So I've been thinking about doing a series about my wardrobe workhorses (i.e. the pieces in my closet that do double sometimes triple duty). I think these are great pieces to invest in because they go with EVERYTHING.
1) Okay everyone knows that a chambray shirt is a must-have wardrobe item. It's nothing new. The versatility of this shirt is unbelievable. I think I bought one on a whim but it has had some seriously major play in my closet. If I have a pair of funky pants, out comes the chambray. If I feel like dressing down, out comes the chambray. If I have a fun sweater but need an extra layer, out comes the chambray. It is hands-down the number one piece I turn to.
2) A classic necklace that goes with everything is nice to have on hand. I bought myself an Emerson Fry necklace when T was born. I absolutely love it and wear it with everything.
3) A versatile scarf is always a must. I tend to buy scarves that have a lot of personality but they rarely get worn. One that matches everything is more likely to be used. I love a leopard print because it adds some pizzazz but is also a neutral.
4) Again a nude or versatile pointy toe flat is crucial to any wardrobe. It dresses up an outfit and they go with everything. These are incredibly comfortable although a tad expensive. But given that I wear them practically every day, they are well worth the price.
5) Military vests/jackets are a great way to add interest to an outfit. Throw on one of these cinched with a leopard print or neon belt and suddenly you've added great visual interest to your look. I always throw this guy on when I'm headed out the door.
6) Again nothing new about this one but a great pair of jeans goes a long way. It's funny because I have like 15 pairs of jeans but I always only wear one pair day in and day out. They are the ones that fit me best and I'm always a little sad when I have to wash them because that means I need to find a new pair to wear!
Here are some ways I've worn some of these pieces.
Linking up with Current Crush and Loves on a Thursday.