Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Head to Toe: In Austin!

We just went to Austin for a quick spring vacation.  It was a blast!  Every day was 80 degrees and I was a little sad to come back to Chicago.  Tomorrow I'll post some photos on where we stayed (a really cool place) and what we ate (really good food).  This is one of the outfits I wore while we were there.

{Chambray Shirt: Similar, Maxi dress: Gap, Necklace: Similar, Shoes: Similar}

Apparently this swing is kind of a big deal.  It's just randomly located right along the main drag in Austin.  So what better place for an outfit shoot!


While we were in Austin, I tried to dress in layers because we would leave our cabin for hours on end and I wanted to be prepared.  If I got hot, I could just take the chambray shirt off.  Pictured behind me is   S. Congress Ave. where all the cool, hip shops are including Uncommon Objects and Allen's Boots.  Unfortunately, I didn't buy anything but it was cool to look around.


On a side note, this is what we deal with while trying to get accessory shots--a little boy tugging on me!  Just wanted to make sure you got the whole picture!


Now that I've had a taste of summer, I want the warm weather back.  It's hard to go back to jeans and sweaters!

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture on the swing! I wish I would have walked past that when I was in Austin! I love that town...

    Love the dress too.... perfect for Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chambray and that stripe maxi. I have something similar to both pieces and will definitely be trying this one out! Thanks for sharing and glad I found your blog! Keep in touch!

    Amanda
    It's an Easy Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, thanks for stopping by! It's such an easy combo and so perfect for those in-between weather days! If you try the outfit out and put it on your blog, let me know. I'd love to see your twist on it!

      Delete
  3. What a great outfit! Stripes and chambray are classic and cool-perfect for exploring a city while on vacay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...