I know this is not a decor blog but I actually happen to believe that interior design and personal style go hand-in-hand. Both are all about pattern play, mixing and matching colors and working with textures. And since my mom is coming to paint the nursery soon and the office-now-turned-nursery is a huge mess, I am hoping this design board will help get me in the mood to get it all cleared out this week. Obviously you can tell our color scheme is red and mint with a touch of blue here and there.
1) Mint fabrics- My mom is actually making all the crib sheets. She did this last time and I really love that she makes four different ones. It gives me a chance to change up something in the room on a regular basis.
2) Sailboat fabric- My mom is also making the curtains out of this fabric. Yes I know I am spoiled! I love this fabric for curtains. It will be the one standout print and color in the room.
3) DIY Expedit Bookcase- We already had a black Expedit bookcase from Ikea in the used-to-be office. We decided to try and repurpose it for the baby's room. We are painting it white, adding a couple of drawers, flipping it and putting it on legs. I am super excited that we are repurposing this piece of furniture! Image via the Everygirl.
4) Storage baskets- I am a big fan of the storage baskets from Serena & Lily. I love that these are neutral but still have some pizzazz. Great storage for diapers and wipes.
5) Joya rocker- We actually didn't have a rocker in Ts room, but we had a queen size bed. I decided I need a rocker this go round but we don't have a ton of space. This guy is gorgeous and a space saver. Win-win. And I figure I can splurge since we didn't buy a dresser!
6) Neutral rug- We have carpet in this room, but it's not in great shape so I wanted to put down a rug. I love that this is a neutral but still has a design. Since we are going bold with the red, I wanted something on the ground to tone it down.
7) Mint paint- I love, love mint and this color is perfect for the walls.
8) Red pouf- Again since we don't have space for an ottoman, this little pouf is perfect. I love the pop of red and it will look great with the rocker.
9) Hot air balloons- I have always loved these little models and I think it would be fun to do two or three hanging from the ceiling instead of a mobile. I would hang them at varying lengths to give a little more depth.
10) Artwork- I kind of love this site! You can look at the artwork according to color. I would love to get each of these to create a gallery wall. Too, too cute!
So what do you guys think? Like it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I am super excited to get to work and get it done!