Monday, April 23, 2012

Head to Toe: Going Primary

Hello lovelies!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  We had a pretty low key one around here with lots of naps.  I wish we had been busier but I think it's good to have a relaxing weekend every now and then.  Plus, I'm headed out of town next weekend so I will get my fill of busy then.

I originally wanted to go with a monochromatic look with this outfit but then when I saw it, I was kind of bored.  It just wasn't exciting enough so I added this fiery red cardigan for a pop of color.


We lucked out because we picked the perfect location for this outfit as the flowers in the background coordinate.  Clearly the owners of this home and I are on the same page.  Red and blue totally work together!

{Lipstick: Revlon Are You Red-dy, Cardigan: J. Crew, Shirt: J. Crew, Pants: Gap, Shoes: Amazon}

I cannot find the best way to capture my lipstick color in these photos.  But this Revlon lipstick is the perfect luscious red color.  Sometimes I forget I have it and then I come across it and fall in love with it all over again.  




I actually kind of love how this outfit unexpectedly turned out without looking nautical or too patriotic.  

Here are three other totally different ways of pairing red and blue together.


1) Photo Credit
2) Photo Credit
3) Photo Credit

6 comments:

  1. LOVE your shoes! and your colorful bottoms!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those pants from Gap? I love them! I tried a green pair on at Gap that look very similar, but didn't get them. I can totally see how the outfit might look boring without the cardigan. It gives the outfit spunk! :-) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep they are! Gap has so many fun colored bottoms right now.

      Delete
  3. Cute!! And that's the house I was talking about, right!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the house! I just couldn't pass it up as a background!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...