Wednesday, October 16, 2013

dusty coral and forest green

{Cardigan: Langford Market (Similar) | Chambray: J. Crew | Sweater: Gap (Similar) | Pants: Gap (Similar) | Boots: Madewell}






Lately I've been in a rut when it comes to getting dressed. Maybe it's because only a quarter of my clothes fit. Maybe it's because I have so many clothes stuffed in my teeny, tiny closet I can't even move the hangers. Maybe it's because I can't clean out said closet because well, if I were to clean it out today I would get rid of ALL my clothes because they don't fit. See the dilemmas of being a fashion blogger and having a baby?

But now for the good news. I was paging through magazines prior to a haircut looking for something good to read and I picked up a special edition of Lucky. It has 100 perfect outfits and let me tell you they are darn near perfect. Every morning I casually peruse the magazine (while my children are screaming at me) until I land on the right inspiration. Then I walk over to my closet (the teeny, tiny one) and discover my perfect outfit.

This look is inspired by an outfit of forest green and dusty coral. Unfortunately, I don't have any dusty coral but I do have coral (close enough in my book). And I love the way it turned out. I never would have reached into my closet and grabbed these two colors but I'm glad I did.

What's inspiring you to dress these days?

Linking up with Because Shanna Said So, Style Elixir, Transatlantic Blonde and The Pleated Poppy.


2 comments:

  1. I'm beginning to think that coral looks good with just about any color! I might get myself a pair of coral jeans one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really liking the look of those short boots paired with a dress. If I were a wee bit younger I would totally go for that look....and oh BTW your closet is not teeny tiny...just sayin...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...